- Adolphe Max, Boulevard/Adolphe Maxlaan
- One of the central boulevards laid out following the vaulting of the Senne River, the boulevard connects the place de Brouckère directly to the place Rogier. It was built to provide the center of the city with a direct link to the Gare du Nord. The route was cut between rue Neuve and rue Saint-Pierre and necessitated little demolition work, entailing loss of green spaces adjacent to the residences along these latter streets.A lively commercial thoroughfare, the boulevard was graced by grand hotels — Atlanta, Plaza, Scheers — as well as fashionable stores, restaurants, and cafés during the interwar years. The city's first cinema was established here at number 110. It was called boulevard du Nord until December 1918 when the name was changed to honor Burgomaster Adolphe Max.
Historical Dictionary of Brussels. Paul F. State.