- Notre-Dame du Finistère/Onze-Lieve-Vrouw van de Finistère
- (Church) (Rue Neuve)The church of Notre-Dame du Finistère originated as a small chapel called Venster Sterre. A larger edifice was sought for which the first stone was laid in 1708. The building was completed in 1730. The name of the architect is not definitely known. Built in classic baroque style, the church was closed during the French regime and reopened in 1804, after which it was restored and enlarged. Since 1814, the church has housed a statue of the Virgin Mary, which dates from 1625, that originated in Aberdeen, Scotland, and that was previously located in the church of the Augus-tinians. It is of local renown for supposedly bringing good luck to petitioners, notably students facing examinations. The tower of the church caught fire in 1970. The latest restorations took place in 1988.
Historical Dictionary of Brussels. Paul F. State.