- Rogier, Place/Rogierplein
- In 1842, the communal council of Saint-Josse-ten Noode named the square in front of the Gare du Nord, then under construction, the place des Nations in tribute to the role of the newly arrived railways in drawing the countries of Europe closer together geographically. At that time the square was not paved. On 8 June 1885, the council unanimously approved renaming the square in honor of Charles Rogier, the recently deceased statesman who was an active promoter of railway building. Rogier had been a resident of the commune, maintaining a home at avenue de l'Observatoire 12 (today, avenue Galilée).
Historical Dictionary of Brussels. Paul F. State.