- Le Solbosch
- Located on the eastern edge of the Bois de la Cambre, this locale was largely stripped of its forest cover during the French regime, its trees used for firewood. An area of meadows and orchards, it was chosen by city authorities as the site of the World's Fair of 1910. In 1907, the Belgian government approved the city's annexation of the strip of territory running about 2 km (1.25 mi.) long between the Bois de la Cambre and avenue Adolphe Buyl on condition that streets be laid out following the fair. Le Solbosch is the location of a campus of the Université libre de Bruxelles.
Historical Dictionary of Brussels. Paul F. State.