- Waterloo, Boulevard de/Waterloolaan
- Running 1,350 m (4,428 ft.) the boulevard de Waterloo links the porte de Na-mur with the porte de Hal. One of the boulevards of the inner ring road, it was laid out beginning in 1823. Known at first as the boulevard de l'Est, it was joined with rue Haute in 1828. At that time it consisted of only a narrow band of pavement with no adjoining houses. By 1855, considerable development had taken place, but only on the city side of the thoroughfare. By 1890, the section between porte de Namur and porte Louise became a promenade of the well-to-do, a status that it retained into the early 20th century.
Historical Dictionary of Brussels. Paul F. State.