- Bischoffsheim, Boulevard/Bischoffsheimlaan
- The boulevard Bischoffsheim forms one of the boulevards of the inner ring road. It was paved in 1823 and was called boulevard de l' Observatoire following the decision to build an astronomical observatory adjacent to the thoroughfare. The observatory was later shut down and replaced by one in Uccle. The boulevard was renamed in 1883 on the death of Jonathan Bischoffsheim (1808-1883), the manager of a family bank established in 1836 (in 1872 it became the Banque de Paris et des Pay-Bas). He served as an alderman, senator, and a founder of several schools. The oldest building on the boulevard is a Protestant church built in 1837 (no. 40), which is now incorporated into a building complex.
Historical Dictionary of Brussels. Paul F. State.
Look at other dictionaries:
Bischoffsheimlaan — See Bischoffsheim, Boulevard … Historical Dictionary of Brussels