Barricades, Place des/Barricadenplein
- The city center's only circular "square," the place des Barricades was laid out by Jean Vifquain during the mid-1820s. The name dates from a decree of 30 July 1831 and honors the patriots of the Belgian Revolution. It was formerly called place d'Orange.
Historical Dictionary of Brussels. Paul F. State.
Look at other dictionaries:
Barricadenplein — See Barricades, Place des … Historical Dictionary of Brussels