- (Rue de la Vierge Noire and Place Sainte-Catherine)The Tour Noire constitutes the remains of one of the towers of the first town wall. A conical roof was added above the original crenellated platform in restoration work undertaken in 1888. Part of the moat is still visible although the structure is surrounded today by modern buildings. It was saved from demolition at the initiative of Burgomaster Charles Buls.
Historical Dictionary of Brussels. Paul F. State.
Look at other dictionaries:
Zwartetoren — See Tour Noire … Historical Dictionary of Brussels